Skip to main content

Planning and Gear

I am still in the phase where I am reading as much as I can about what is in store for us. I have read some articles recently that flat our stated we probably wouldn't be able to get around the entire ring road. That is a little disheartening but really either way it will be an amazing trip. That's what I have to remember. I also threw out to Nick, next time we should go to iceland on his way home from New Zealand. That would put us there in March, the weather is more reliable. But that's for the next trip! Gear: Currently I have a Big Agnes Roxy Ann 15 degree bag. My best bet to add additional warmth will be a liner. Still deciding if I should just make a liner with my mom or purchase one. It seems like the liners that I have seen are jersey and fleece. I am pretty sure that mom and I can make that happen. Sleeping pad: Big Agnes as well the Insulated Air Core Ultra. Those two pieces fit together to keep you on top of your sleeping pad and comfortable. I have a tenancy to roll around a little, so I have found it helps. Tent: I have a Big Agnes two person backpacking tent. What can I say? I like a quality brand! I hesitate to bring it because of the wind that all the articles I am reading tell us to expect. Nick just purchased the Big Agnes Bivy. Thinking about checking Old Mountain Gear Exchange to see if I can find a sturdy and cost effective option. #BigAgnes #sleepingsystem #Iceland #RingRoad #LandofFireandIce #ColdCamping #GoldenCircle #IcelandNovember In my research I found out about some of the climbing that we be missing in the winter months. All the more reason to come back a different time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPRING BREAK

It has been a long weekend and my spring break is almost over. Thursday we were out of school but had meetings all day. I know meetings don't sound like a whole lot of fun but they were surprisingly not that bad. After the meetings were over I had T Power take me by the Pharmacy and my house so I could get some sweats.  I got sweats so that I could go back to school and participate in a "lock in". Now don''t worry I was not in any danger, the doors were not locked (i checked). We did play dodge ball and kick ball as well as hen's and chicks.   If you have never met me I just want to warn you that I am a bit competitive and I may have gotten mad in kick ball and thrown it a little hard at my bosses wife. Oh well, she was out.  After all the old people were tuckered out from a long day of meetings and then a few intense games we left the building for the day. A few people stuck around and decided that it was time for some mexican food.....and drink.   A good tim

Worry

I guess it is in human nature to worry. But why? It doesn't help. It just reminds me that I am unsure about what is to come. In the near future I feel I may get something out of all my worrying though.... an ulcer . A-Mo was attacked by some dogs next door. Two pits. Now before you go telling me about the breed and how non dangerous they are let me tell you this. I believe that dogs like children are a product of their environment and are taught advertently or inadvertently to behave a certain way. A-Mo was not bitten because the owner came out in time. But I heard those dogs barking from inside my house and even I was scared. Moving from V-Town to P-Town brings an entire new set of issues. I have created these bonds with people that I am afraid of losing. I guess I wasn't as aware of it when I was leaving college bud now I know what distance does to people. I have lost touch with so many of my friends from school, and miss them badly. I love the people I have met and the a
So much has happened since I posted last. Where to start. JHam... began his 12 months of service in the US Army Reserves. Leaving behind baby Lo Lo and Twitt. I feel so bad for this family who from the time I have moved in had supported me and really been a friend. I was with Twitt when she dropped her husband off at the bus that would take him to peoria to begin training before leaving the country. It was one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed. All those families about to be separated. I am so proud of JHam and know that he will do great things and return to his family soon. I have been working diligently in my room at school. Trying to get ready for what will be a wonderful year. It is important to use the power of positive thinking. I have tried to stop drinking as much. Though I won't turn down an opportunity to have a beer with my great friends. This Friday I met up with TP AMo and MetroB. We met in BG and had some drinks and good conversation. I went ahead and stayed